To share God's love through
- uplifting and inspiring worship,
- thoughtfully interpreting Scripture,
- deepening congregational fellowship,
- partnering in our community, and
- using our gifts in generous outreach to
- feed the hungry
- support education and literacy, and
- provide connection and support for older adults.
Palma Sola was founded in 1957, meeting first in the Manatee River Garden Club Center. We strive to live into our purpose to share God's love, not only through our current mission plan, but through the values of Christ-centeredness, faithfulness, love, acceptance and service.
Along with Christians of all denominations, we adhere to Christ's great commandment to "love they neighbor as thyself" and his great commission to spread his teaching to all nations of the world. Presbyterians are unique in being led by female and male lay, elected elders, or "presbyters" from the Greek word for "elder" in the New Testament.