December 2019—February 2020
- PSPC Pen Pals wrote letters to 90 second graders at Palma Sola Elementary School.
- We wrapped gifts of warm socks for adults and books for children, and wrote Christmas cards, for those served by Our Daily Bread, and distributed them at Our Daily Bread on Christmas Eve morning.
- Gifts were purchased, wrapped, and delivered for the Adopt-a-Family Christmas gift giving program at Palma Sola Elementary School.
- Palma Solans provided monthly Blessing Dinners for Palma Sola Elementary teachers.
- On our January 11 Habitat for Humanity Faith Build work day, ten volunteers helped with painting, landscaping, and building a storage room.
- We hosted a free program, Financial Freedom for Seniors, on basic principles for investing, spending, and giving in retirement.
- Supported by donations from many members, six participated in Manatee County CROP Walk on February 26, helping to raise awareness and funds to end hunger locally and around the world. CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service.
- We continued to serve meals at Our Daily Bread on the third Thursday of each month.
Palma Sola DOES It—'Done On Every Sunday'
- In December, we collected socks for Our Daily Bread and toiletries for Turning Points. Twelve bags of coats and warm wear were collected and donated to Turning Points during December and January. Our project in February was collecting clinic and classroom supplies for Palma Sola Elementary School.
- Christmas Joy Offerings went to Presbyterian workers retired and in need, and Presbyterian-connected schools for communities of color.
- January and February Outreach Offerings went to Our Daily Bread. Ash Wednesday Service offerings went to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance for post-earthquake relief efforts in Puerto Rico