The winter season provides many opportunities to join with others at Palma Sola Presbyterian Church to make a real impact in serving those in need. Here are the main events of the season.
- On Saturday December 14, 10-noon in the Fellowship Hall, we wrap gifts of warm socks for adults and books for children, and write Christmas cards, for those served by Our Daily Bread. These will be distributed on Christmas Eve morning. Join with others for fellowship and fun while doing this project.
- Our Habitat for Humanity Interfaith Build work day is Saturday, January 11, 7:30 am-noon. Volunteers 16 and older are needed at the home site at 2207 11th St. W., Bradenton. Competent volunteers guide you through tasks such as painting, landscaping, loading and unloading materials, roofing, and framing. Another volunteer option is to help provide snacks for workers. Additionally, volunteers are welcome at the home site on other Saturdays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, with advance sign up.
- On February 23, we participate in Manatee County CROP Hunger Walk, walking together and raising funds to help end hunger locally and around the world. CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service.
- Opportunities to assist with new Hi Teas, special times for refreshment and conversation with the residents of local assisted-living homes, begin in February.
Donate through Palma Sola DOES It—'Done on Every Sunday'
- In early December, we collect blank Christmas cards and warm men’s socks for the gift-wrapping party for Our Daily Bread on the 14th, and later collect travel-sized toiletry items to make personal-hygiene kits for those served by Turning Points. In January, our focus is on collecting warm wear—such as gently-used coats, jackets, gloves, and scarves—in all sizes for the men, women and children served by Turning Points. In February, we restock clinic and classroom supplies at Palma Sola Elementary.
Make a Special Offering
- Christmas Joy Offerings, a time-honored Presbyterian tradition, may be made December 1-22. Proceeds go equally to 1) church workers who are retired or in need, and 2) Presbyterian-related schools and colleges equipping communities of color. Please place your contributions in the ‘Joy’ envelopes found in the pews.
- Outreach Offerings for January, February, March go to Our Daily Bread.
- Pocket Change Offerings continue to go to F.E.L.T. (Feeding Empty Little Tummies) to provide weekend backpacks of food for hungry school children in Manatee County.