Spring 2019 Report
March through May 2019
- 39 volunteers at our Hope Seeds packing event assembled 2600 packets of onion seeds and over 300 family packs of assorted seeds for family gardens in Haiti.
- We exchanged our last letters for school year 2018-2019 with our 100 second-grade pen pals at Palma Sola Elementary and hosted a party for them. They decorated picture frames for photos taken with their church pen pals, had a snack, and received books for summer reading--while visiting with their pen pals from church.
- In support of the Suncoast Campaign for Grade Level Reading, two groups of PSPC members and friends read and discussed the book “The Power of Presence: Be a Voice in Your Child’s Ear Even When You Are Not with Them.” Through a grant from the Patterson Foundation, these groups were awarded $400, which PSPC will use to help families in need at Palma Sola Elementary.
- 40 Easter baskets were assembled and given to children served by the Beth El Farmworker Ministry in Wimauma, FL. What a joy it was to share the love of Christ during the Easter season with these children!
- PSPC teams served the meals at Our Daily Bread on the third Thursday of each month.
Special Collections and Offerings
- Palma Sola DOES It (Done On Every Sunday). On Sundays in March, we collected baby formula and cereal for The Food Bank of Manatee. In April, we collected several bins of school supplies for Project Light, a non-profit agency dedicated to providing accessible English language instruction to adults in Manatee County. We also purchased a CD player for their classroom. In May, collections were for furthering the work of our missionaries in Guatemala, Carl and Lisa Norton.
- Outreach and Pocket Change Offerings. As food insecurity continues to be a significant problem in Manatee Country, 1st Quarter Outreach Offerings went to Our Daily Bread and May's offerings went to Meals on Wheels PLUS. Pocket Change for Mission offerings continued to go to Feeding Empty Little Tummies (F.E.L.T.).