Spring offers many opportunities to join with others at Palma Sola Presbyterian Church to make a real impact in serving those in need. Below are the main service events of the season.
All are welcome and invited to join in our events. Sign up in the Sanctuary lobby or call Andrea Harmon at 941-761-9847. For more information, check the Calendar and PSPC News sections of this website.
- Join with others on Saturday, March 28 from 10 am-noon to assemble seed packets to be distributed worldwide by Hope Seeds, a Christian charitable organization that seeks to improve the nutrition of the poorest in the world by providing quality garden seed and agricultural education.
- Work on the Habitat for Humanity Interfaith Home Build on any Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 7:30 am-noon. Stay tuned for another scheduled PSPC work day sometime this Spring.
- Serve meals on the third Friday of each month at Our Daily Bread 9:30-11:30 am. Opportunities to be a substitute server come up regularly.
- Help sew clothing for farm worker children on second Tuesdays 9-noon in Dorcas. Jobs are available for any wiling hands: hand sew, machine sew, iron, or cut fabric pieces.
- Volunteer at Turning Points for a variety of available tasks.
Donate through Palma Sola DOES It—'Done on Every Sunday'
- In March, we will collect tools to help equip the Habitat for Humanity Faith Build home for new homeowner Markisha Harris and her family. In April, we will collect 'Undies for Others' for Misión Peniel, and in May we will provide backpacks and supplies for Misión Peniel.
Make a Special Offering
- Outreach Offerings in March will be for Our Daily Bread, and in May for Meals on Wheels Plus.
- One Great Hour of Sharing offerings in April will go to three programs providing people with safety, sustenance, and hope: Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, Presbyterian Hunger Program, and Self-Development of People.