April 6 Update
Spring took an unexpected turn with the spread of COVID-19, and we had to adjust our plans. On-campus Spring service events have been postponed, and instead we are focusing on donation of funds to organizations that are serving those in need of food during this crisis. See Make a Special Offering below for our donation plan.
For the latest information about service opportunities, check the Calendar, PSPC News, and Newsletter sections of this website.
- Dorcas members are sewing clothing for farm worker children at home.
- Volunteers continue to work at Turning Points following CDC precautions, while serving at Our Daily Bread is being done by employees rather than volunteers.
- Manatee County Habitat for Humanity has suspended construction on the Interfaith Home Build. Stay tuned for resumption of activity.
- Assembly of seed packets to be distributed by Hope Seeds, a Christian charitable organization that seeks to improve the nutrition of the poorest in the world by providing quality garden seed and agricultural education, is postponed until later this year.
Donate through Palma Sola DOES It—'Done on Every Sunday'
- In March, we collected tools to help equip the Habitat for Humanity Faith Build home for new homeowner Markisha Harris and her family. This collection will continue in Summer.
- In April and May, instead of DOES It collections, we are focusing on donating funds to our partner organizations. We plan for collections of items to begin again in Summer, with 'Undies for Others' and school backpacks and supplies for Misión Peniel.
Make a Special Offering
- Outreach Offerings in March go to Our Daily Bread, and in May go to Meals on Wheels Plus.
- In April, we give to Presbyterian Church USA’s One Great Hour of Sharing. Proceeds will go to three PC-USA programs providing people with safety, sustenance, and hope: Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, Presbyterian Hunger Program, and Self-Development of People.