- Over 40 people attended the ABC of Dementia program to learn best practices for supporting family members and others afflicted by dementia, and their caregivers. Palma Sola Presbyterian is now a designated Dementia Friendly Congregation.
- The Rise Against Hunger meal packing event was attended by over 90 volunteers including scouts, Palma Sola Elementary families, and Creative Arts Academy members. 14,256 life-giving soy and rice meals were packed to be sent to people in need somewhere in the world.
- Palma Sola Pen Pals were matched for this school year with 90 second grade students at our partner Palma Sola Elementary and the first letters were exchanged.
- 210 Thanksgiving meal care packages were packed to be sent through Agape Flights to missionaries in the Caribbean. Each meal contained a message of gratitude written in our Write from the Heart ministry.
- Palma Solans assembled 75 Christmas Shoe Boxes filled with small gifts to be given to seniors served by Meals on Wheels PLUS this Christmas. Girl Scout Brownie Troop 521 joined in the effort.
- We continued to serve meals at Our Daily Bread on the third Thursday of each month.
Palma Sola DOES It—'Done On Every Sunday'
- In September, we donated nearly 300 new and gently used books which were distributed to children attending this year's Remote Area Medical clinic in Manatee County. RAM provides free health, dental, and vision care to the uninsured.
- In October, Palma Solans signed up to provide monthly Blessing Dinners for Palma Sola Elementary teachers and homemade desserts for their October’s Parent/Teacher Conference.
- In November, we donated coats and jackets to be distributed by Turning Points to the homeless.
- September Outreach Offerings plus budgeted funds were sent to Bible Mission USA to support giving the Bible and their recent translation of the Book of John to those in need of hope and comfort. October and November Outreach Offerings went to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance to help with hurricane relief in Florida and elsewhere.
- A substantial donation was made from a special fund to the Immokalee Fair Housing Alliance, to further their efforts to build safe, affordable, sustainable and comfortable homes for farm workers.